Saturday, May 13, 2017

Running in the Family

Who knew? Probably everybody on the planet but me. The tunes on the CD Running in the family, released in 1987,  were written and performed by Level 42.  It was nice to hear long-ago, familiar, toe-tapping pieces like Children say, Running in the family, To be with you again, and Freedom someday.  But as I've said many times before, I can remember a tune, but titles and artists - forget it.

Somebody wrote that the contemporary pop / rock music was a step away from Level 42's original blues style music.  Even if it were true, I remember the songs continuously playing on the radio. So it must have been a successful move.

The English band formed in 1979 - 80, and gained popularity throughout the 80s, and disbanded in 1994. The band reunited in 2001 and continue to play today. Current members include Mark King, Mike Lindup, Nathan King, Sean Freeman, and Pete Ray Biggin.

I liked this CD, even though the music sounded a bit dated.  I might actually listen to it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment