Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Beatles Please Please Me



Come with  me to the infamous cartoon character Mr. Peabody's Way Back Machine to 1963, where The Beatles were young, and I was even younger. Just listening to the music reminds me of warm summer days at the neighborhood pool, where popular music like The Beatles played all day.  That, an occasional frozen Zero chocolate bar, and nonstop swimming were the highlights of what was then endless summer.

The Beatles CD, Please Please Me, is  made-up of original sound recordings by EMI Records LTD, and includes:

  • I Saw Here Standing There
  • Misery
  • Anna (Go To Him)
  • Chains
  • Boys
  • Ask Me Why
  • Please Please Me
  • Love Me Do
  • P.S. I Love You
  • Baby It's You
  • Do You Want To Know A Secret
  • A Taste Of Honey
  • There's A Place
  • Twist And Shout
My toes are tapping just thinking about the tunes, even if by today's standards they are simplistic.
If you live in the Cleveland area,   you may want to catch a show by Beatles tribute band Revolution Pie on April 7, 2018.



Or if you would like to know more about the album Please Please Me, listen here:


No comments:

Post a Comment