Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Cross Currents, by Richard Souther

Cross Currents by Richard Souther is another soft jazz / new age CD from Jim's collection. It never ceases to amaze me the variety of music he possessed. He had just about everything, except whatever the current pop trash was. The vinyl albums have been claimed by his son. And just about all his CDs have been moved online.  So I'm going to work through the remaining 400 or so CDs before I move them along. I know there are some in the collection I just won't enjoy listening to.  But as I listened to Souther's Cross Currents, I really enjoyed it - and hope you do to.

Recorded in 1989 by Narada Productions Inc.  Souther and fellow musicians work through the the following Souther pieces:
  • Safe Harbor
  • Cross Currents
  • The Long Riders
  • Banana Shakes
  • Mary's Question
  • High Tide
  • Just Dreamin'
  • Between the Lines
  • The Last Roundup
  • All The Way Home
I especially enjoyed Banana Shakes with its lively music.  Makes me think of my grand babies who always want some nannanas.  Mary's question seemed very insightful. And, Just Dreamin' was so relaxing I could have fallen asleep. All-in-all, I enjoyed the CD.


No comments:

Post a Comment