Saturday, June 17, 2017

Fine Young Cannibals (FYC) The Raw & The Cooked

Fine Young Cannibals? Fine Young Cannibals! What a strange name. I was a bit taken back by the name of the CD, Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw & The Cooked, until I started listening to the music. While the band name was not familiar to me, the music was.

I instantly recognized the first eight of ten songs on the track:

  • She Drives Me Crazy
  • Good Thing
  • I'm Not The Man I Used To Be
  • I'm Not Satisfied
  • Tell Me What
  • Don't Look Back
  • It's OK (It's Alright)
  • Don't Let It Get You Down
This is a good sign that Jim played the music often. The electric rock, pop style music has a good beat and catchy lyrics which I imagine caught the interest of many listeners. The final two songs:
  • As Hard As It Is
  • Ever Fallen In Love
escape my memory, but they are just as attention grabbing.  The CD/Album was the bands' second, released in 1988.

The Fine Young Cannibals were a British Band formed in Birmingham, England by bassist David Steele, guitarist Andy Cox, and singer Roland Gift in 1984. Steele and Cox, both formerly of The Beat, formed a trio with Gift that rocked the music scene from the mid to the late 1980s.  Gift is still performing old Cannibal tunes as well as his own pieces. 

The name, by the way, is taken from the 1960s film, All Fine Young Cannibals. I won't be forgetting the name soon, nor the music that goes with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment