Monday, April 10, 2017

CD 101.9 Presents Columbia & Sony Jazz Collection

Hmmmm.  How did I miss this CD? As I sat and listened to its mellow jazz sounds, I realized I really liked it.  I must have been busy chasing little kids around in circles.

The 101.9 Presents Columbia & Sony Jazz Collection includes tunes by the following artists:

  • Grover Washington, Jr. - Strawberry Moon
  • Ross Traut / Steve Rodby - Up On The Roof
  • Full Circle - Music For Little People
  • Takeshi Itoh - This Is The Night
  • Milton Nascimento - La Bamba
  • Ramsey Lewis -Bernice
  • Wynton Marsalis - Lazy Afternoon
  • Kirk Whalum - The Promise
  • The Zawinful Syndicate - And So It Goes
  • Hubert Laws - I Love My Daddy
  • Eddy Gomez - Forever
  • Steve Gadd - Strength
Every song on the CD was enjoyable. A quick look showed the individual recordings difficult to find. I especially enjoyed the jazzy version of Up On the Roof and La Bamba.

Released in 1989. Take a chance to listen to the CD if you get a copy of it. I hope you enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment