Friday, April 7, 2017

Wes Montgomery - Compact Jazz

The CD Wes Montgomery - Compact Jazz is a collection of the great jazz guitarist's work, posthumously released in 1987 by Verve Records. After returning home from a national tour, he passed away unexpected at the young age of 43.

I truly enjoyed the music of this self-taught musician. The warm tones and chords of his playing, intertwined with popular songs of the day - as well as his own compositions - made me smile. My favorites were  Sunny, The Shaddow of Your smile, and Goin' Out of My Head. Guess it says something about my age, that I can remember the original vocal tunes.  Highlighted by Montgomery's musical additions, the tunes sounded much more amazing to me.

I hope you can obtain a copy. You won't want the music to end. LISTEN HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment