- pathetique - passionate or emotional; not pathetic as I originally thought.
- adagio - slow tempo
- andante - moderately slow, even tempo
- moderato assai - at a moderate tempo
- andante come prima - tempo indication; moderate as before
- andante mosso - movement, more lively
- allegro vivo - with life and vigor
- moderato mosso - moderate movement
- allegro non troppo - fast, but not too fast
- allegro con grazia - fast with grace
- allegro molto vivaci - very fast and lively
- adagio lamentoso - slowly and sadly
- polonaise - a slow dance of Polish origin
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 (Pathetique)
I really like Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 (Pathetique). It would be difficult to find somebody who did not like the melodic and stirring tones from the 19th century Russian composer Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. So I think I will concentrate on all the Italian musical terms in this piece I do not know. Music scholars are probably rolling their eyes, but at least I am taking the time to find out.