Friday, June 9, 2023

A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles

 



Well! I finally found the perfect CD for getting the Saturday house cleaning done - The Beatles A Hard Day's Night album. Oh my!  This early Beatles recording  keeps my feet and hands moving.

It was originally released in 1964. Back then I had the strength and stamina to easily lug the vacuum upstairs AND clean the entire area without losing a beat.  Now fast approaching 70, vacuuming takes a little more time and effort. But listening to A Hard Day's Night takes me back to my youth and I dance as I clean the dirt away.

The original sound recordings were made by EMI Records Ltd. Tracks 1 to 7 are from the soundtrack of the United Artist film "A Hard Day's Night." 

Like all the Beatles early work, the tunes are rather simple;  nothing to hint at the complex compositions of the fab four's later years.  Songs include:
  • A Hard Day's Night
  • I Should Have Known Better
  • If I Fell
  • I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
  • And I Love Her
  • Tell Me Why
  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Any Time At All
  • I'll Cry Instead
  • Things She Said Today
  • When I Get Home
  • You Can't Do That
  • I'll be Back
Watch the movie trailer  here. Or listen to the album. I dare you to try and sit still through it!

Buy this CD on Ebay! Help me whittle down Jim's collection,  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully after your hard day’s housework you got to “be sleepin’ like a log” with a nice nap! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to change my comment from anonymous — it was me! 💗

    ReplyDelete